What is Mesotherapy?
Mesotherapy is a minimally invasive procedure where a series of superfine injections of vitamins, minerals and amino acids cocktails are delivered into the mesodermal layer of the skin.
This infusion of savvy ingredients nourishes and rejuvenates the skin while also stimulating the production of collagen and elastin, both essential for skin’s natural elasticity.
What are the benefits?
- Improves dull and tired looking skin
- Hydrates, rejuvenates and tightens the skin
- Helps to address minor pigmentation problems/concerns
- Minimal to no downtime
- None to very minor discomfort
- Ideal treatment for an upcoming event
What is the treatment protocol?
A course of 4 treatments (1 every 3 weeks) Is recommended to improve your skin quality.
Are there any risks?
The following side effects have been reported in clinical literature:
– Pain on the first day after application
– Occurrence of inflammatory reactions, haematomas, erythema and oedema in the first three to five days after the treatment
– Occurance of skin irritations (e.g. itching or overheating) which normally subside within the first 12 to 48 hours after treatment
– Temporary occurance of hyperpigmentation with body ́s own pigments, especially for darker skin types, which disappears completely after a few weeks
– In cases of careless skin cleansing, the formation of scab, small pustules or milia (milia) have been reported.
– Retinoid reaction (slight redness up to peeling of the skin)
– Whilst rare, infection post treatment. Your skin is affectively a wound, the smallest touch with dirty hands can cause this post treatment
When booking this treatment, you are accepting the risks as well as fully understanding.
£120 a session or £300 for 3no. sessions if booked in a course of 3.
Pre and post aftercare
It is your responsibility to read this and follow both pre and post your treatment. Upon booking your treatment on the booking page, you will be redirected to this read ahead of your treatment too.
Prior to the Microneedling session, please observe the following
•No Retin-A products or applications 24 hours prior to your treatment.
•No auto-immune therapies or products 24 hours prior to your treatment.
•No prolonged sun exposure to the face 24 hours prior to your treatment. A Microneedling treatment will not be administered on sunburned skin.
•On the day of the treatment, please keep your face clean and do not apply makeup.
•If you are taking a blood thinner, aspirin or any other medication that you have the propensity to bleed easily while on, please tell your technician. If you are under a physician’s care and need to discontinue your medication for a few days, always ask your physician prior to each Microneedling appointment.
•If you are planning to receive Botox, make sure that you give yourself at least 2 weeks post Botox injections before receiving your Microneedling procedure.
•If you are planning to receive dermal filler, make sure that you give yourself at least 4 weeks post injections before receiving your Microneedling procedure.
•If an active or extreme breakout occurs before treatment, please consult your practitioner. Wait 6 months following oral isotretinoin use before undertaking microneedling.
After your treatment, please be aware and observe the following your responsibility to read this and follow both pre and post your treatment. Upon booking your treatment on the booking page, you will be redirected to this read ahead of your treatment too.
•Immediately after your treatment, you will look as though you have a moderate to severe sunburn and your skin may feel warm and tighter than usual. You may also notice some slight swelling, both are normal and should subside after 1 to 2 hours and will normally diminish within the same day or 24 hours. You may see slight redness after 24 hours but only in minimal areas or spots.
•If you are concerned about any reaction, please call us and contact your healthcare provider immediately.
After-care instructions for Microneedling Treatment
•Use tepid water for the initial 24 hours to rinse the treated area. After 24 hours, use a gentle cleanser to cleanse the face for the following 72 hours and gently dry the treated skin. Always make sure that your hands are clean when touching the treated area.
•Do not take any inflammatory medicines for at least 2 weeks post treatment.
•It is recommended that makeup or sunscreen should not be applied for 24 hours after the procedure. Do not apply any makeup with a makeup brush, especially if it is not clean.
• After the initial 24 hours, apply a broad spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen with a minimum SPF 30 for two weeks. A chemical-free sunscreen is highly recommended.
What to Avoid:
•For at least 3 days post treatment, do NOT use any Alpha Hydroxy Acids, Beta Hydroxy Acid, Retinol (Vitamin A), Vitamin C (in a low pH formula) or anything perceived as ‘active’ skincare.
•Avoid intentional and direct sunlight for 48 hours. No tanning beds.
•Do not go swimming for at least 24 hours post-treatment.
•No exercising or strenuous activity for the first 24 hours post-treatment. Sweating and gym environments must be avoided during the first 72 hours post-treatment.
Book your Virtual Skin Consultation now!