Please make sure you fully read this ahead of your appointment.
It is your responsibility as the client to fully ensure you have read both the pre and post aftercare to ensure you have the best results.
How to prepare for a treatment
For microneedling please scroll down
There isn’t too much you need to do to prepare for a facial the day or week before. There are a few things to note and also make All About Skin Studio Ltd aware of ahead of your appointment:
- Stop any strong at-home facial treatments the week before your appointment. You should even avoid gentle exfoliation for a few days before too.
- Stop all retinol/ retinoids at least week before your treatment.
- You must let All About Skin Studio Ltd know any medication/ antibiotics you are taking ahead of your appointment. If you do not let us know, your medication may actually stop you having a treatment. Even over-the-counter medications can significantly affect your skin. If you attend the appointment without letting us know and the treatment cannot be performed due to this reason, you will still be charged 100% of your appointment costs.
- Do not tan or burn near your appointment (or ever!) because we will have to perform a gentle facial to help with the sun damage, instead of one that can really target any deeper concerns you have with your skin.
- You should also bring in a list of the skin care products you use at home.
- Check your calendar – do you have a big event coming up? Let us know ahead of time if your treatment is the same day of your event. There are certain treatments and techniques they will avoid and they may have recommendations for the best time to schedule your facial for maximum results.
- Don’t wax your skin for 24-48 hours before your spa facial. Waxing too soon beforehand could lead to irritation and a stinging sensation.
- Treatments can only proceed if you have had botox at least 2 weeks prior to your appointment. If you have had botox within 2 weeks of your appointment, this will need to be re arranged. If you attend the appointment without letting us know and the treatment cannot be performed due to this reason, you will still be charged 100% of your appointment costs.
- Treatments can only proceed if you have had dermal fillers/ other facial enhancements at least 4 weeks prior to your appointment. If you have had fillers within 4 weeks of your appointment, this will need to be re arranged. If you attend the appointment without letting us know and the treatment cannot be performed due to this reason, you will still be charged 100% of your appointment costs.
- Be prepared to discuss your top skin concerns and your goals for your skin. We will help you with specific treatments and will also help transform your at-home routine to best tackle your goals. We are licensed experts in skin and skincare.
Microneedling Pre and Post care instructions
Please read this in-conjunction with the general pre facial guidance.
Prior to the Microneedling session, please observe the following
•No Retin-A products or applications 24 hours prior to your treatment.
•No auto-immune therapies or products 24 hours prior to your treatment.
•No prolonged sun exposure to the face 24 hours prior to your treatment. A Microneedling treatment will not be administered on sunburned skin.
•On the day of the treatment, please keep your face clean and do not apply makeup.
•If you are taking a blood thinner, aspirin or any other medication that you have the propensity to bleed easily while on, please tell your technician. If you are under a physician’s care and need to discontinue your medication for a few days, always ask your physician prior to each Microneedling appointment.
•If you are planning to receive Botox, make sure that you give yourself at least 2 weeks post Botox injections before receiving your Microneedling procedure.
•If you are planning to receive dermal filler, make sure that you give yourself at least 4 weeks post injections before receiving your Microneedling procedure.
•If an active or extreme breakout occurs before treatment, please consult your practitioner. Wait 6 months following oral isotretinoin use before undertaking microneedling.
After your treatment, please be aware and observe the following
•Immediately after your treatment, you will look as though you have a moderate to severe sunburn and your skin may feel warm and tighter than usual. You may also notice some slight swelling, both are normal and should subside after 1 to 2 hours and will normally diminish within the same day or 24 hours. You may see slight redness after 24 hours but only in minimal areas or spots.
•If you are concerned about any reaction, please call us and contact your healthcare provider immediately.
After-care instructions for Microneedling Treatment
•Use tepid water for the initial 24 hours to rinse the treated area. After 24 hours, use a gentle cleanser to cleanse the face for the following 72 hours and gently dry the treated skin. Always make sure that your hands are clean when touching the treated area.
•Do not take any inflammatory medicines for at least 2 weeks post treatment.
•It is recommended that makeup or sunscreen should not be applied for 24 hours after the procedure. Do not apply any makeup with a makeup brush, especially if it is not clean.
• After the initial 24 hours, apply a broad spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen with a minimum SPF 30 for two weeks. A chemical-free sunscreen is highly recommended.
What to Avoid:
•For at least 3 days post treatment, do NOT use any Alpha Hydroxy Acids, Beta Hydroxy Acid, Retinol (Vitamin A), Vitamin C (in a low pH formula) or anything perceived as ‘active’ skincare.
•Avoid intentional and direct sunlight for 48 hours. No tanning beds.
•Do not go swimming for at least 24 hours post-treatment.
•No exercising or strenuous activity for the first 24 hours post-treatment. Sweating and gym environments must be avoided during the first 72 hours post-treatment.